sewing machine cover
I used my April goal of “prettifying the office” as a good excuse to get out the sewing machine and make a cover for the sewing machine.
Now that we’ll be using all 3 bedrooms as actual bedrooms, I figured it was time to get my act together and organize my sewing stuff into “current projects” housed in the office and “fabric/notions/scraps” housed either in a dresser in the living room or in the basement. It may also soon be time to give up hope of ever completing the 5-year old projects in my stash… time to just let go and move on…
The machine itself needed a pretty cover so that I don’t stare at it longingly when I don’t have time to use it. Oh yes, also, to prevent dust from gathering, I suppose.
There’s a pocket on either side for things like scissors and other miscellany that never seem to make it back into my sewing drawers once a project is complete.
And, it’s reversible. Just because.
(I mostly used this tutorial to get an idea for the project… then I just winged it. Per my usual MO.)
This is not a super-revolutionary project, but it was quick and easy, which are now the two biggest qualifications for any crafting projects that I undertake. Yay for my office almost being fully organized and a little prettier. I have just one more project to complete before I can definitively check the office off my to-do list… just in time for May & the creation of new monthly goals…