Skip to content

our day in photos

August 19, 2011

(and a few words)

Our summer is rapidly coming to a close; Jason’s back at work, and I’m headed back in just 4 short weeks.  So I thought I’d capture what our days are like during this lazy summer in which our most difficult task is getting to know each other better.  (I took these with my new iphone – yay! – so the picture quality isn’t awesome, but it’s good enough to get the point.)  Here’s what happened on Tuesday, but it’s pretty similar to how we’ve spent most other days this summer…

I woke up to this sweet baby girl stirring:

I changed her, fed her, and we headed downstairs to let the dogs out:

But only one usually goes out – the other just watches:

Lilly and I fed the dogs:

And we cleaned her gunky eye (caused by a blocked tear duct… when will this go away?):

Then cuddled on the couch and talked.  But talking soon turned into napping (you know you love my Simpsons bowling t-shirt):

Meanwhile, Jason woke up and joined us downstairs, grabbing his usual morning glass of OJ & turning on Sportscenter (uggh):

Lilly was hungry when she woke, so I fed her again.  And I ate some oatmeal (made by Jason!) while Jason burped her.  And then Lilly and I talked while Jason ate his breakfast:

A little while later, she needed a diaper change, so I put her in the bassinet and she had a great time kicking her little legs and talking with Mr Zebra and her other friends in her little black & white book:

I fed her again.  Then, we went outside to help Jason pull nasty tomato hookworms off of his tomato plants.  Lilly and I searched for the bugs, and Jason pulled them off the plants and placed them into a wet soapy grave:

Meanwhile, the dogs sunbathed:

We hung out on the porch for a while, Lilly staring in awe at the black and white loveseat cushion covers, Jason and I chatting:

Then, she ate again.  And I burped her:

And changed her again (and once again, she loved chatting with Mr Zebra):

Then it was 2pm – time for yours truly to quickly scarf down a late lunch of lasagne leftovers.  And Lilly was tired and a little whiny, so I put her in the moby carrier, and we walked around the yard:

And visited Jason, who was cleaning out the basement walkout in anticipation of turning it into a bar/hang out space:

Lilly slept.  I picked some giant squash & zucchini from the garden (I threw some seeds in the ground before Lilly was born and have ignored them since, and somehow these grew!):

I cleaned the kitchen and wiped out the bathroom sink while she continued to sleep on my chest (I have a feeling that the Moby is going to be on my list of month 2 must-haves):

And then we took a little computer break:

And she woke up, hungry, so I fed her again.  And burped her.  And talked with her and Jason while Jezebel slept on the floor:

Jason found a coupon for $4 pizza from a local restaurant, and we decided on an impromptu dinner out.  I hopped in the shower while Jason changed Lilly’s diaper and entertained her.  And we headed out:

And had dinner at the pizza joint we ate at the night before Lilly was born.  I had the labor-inducing pasta, but without the labor this time.  Jason had pizza.  Lilly had milk.

After dinner, we made Lilly’s first trip to Lowe’s, and she was a gem.  I think she *hearts* DIY.

When we got home, I fed Lilly again, burped her, and talked to her.  She was in a really good mood, so we decided to skype my grandparents:

And she filled her pants while we were on the phone with them (my grandma could even hear it!), so we hung up and remedied that situation.

And then we played for a while longer, while we waited for Jason to be finished in the basement.

Jason finished up his cleaning, and gave the girl her pre-bedtime bath.  I overheard them talking about all sorts of awesome things – how the beer he brewed yesterday was turning out, what elements are in the periodic chart – you know, typical things newborns are interested in.

After her bath, Lilly was dressed and swaddled and laid down in bed next to me to nurse and cuddle.  She nursed for a while, I burped her and put her in the bassinet next to our bed.  Once she was asleep, I escaped downstairs to blog and watch TV with Jason:

After an hour or two of tv/blogging time (we know how to party!), we headed to bed, tired, happy, and ready to start all over the next day…

10 Comments leave one →
  1. Debbie permalink
    August 19, 2011 7:32 am

    Sounds like the best kind of day!

  2. August 19, 2011 8:53 am

    Your day looks awesome. So do the three of you! And now, I’m ready for some pizza. Thanks for implanting that idea in my head.

  3. August 19, 2011 9:49 am

    Wow! What a beautiful, hectic, fun and crazy day! Looks like heaven. And just a beautiful little baby (and mommy)!

  4. August 19, 2011 11:07 am

    I enjoyed this post a lot. Congrats on your new addition. keep blogging we are all interested. Hugs, Lesley

  5. August 19, 2011 12:41 pm

    Oh that’s so sweet. I love when she filled her pants. They always know when to do the right thing. 😉 Will you need a sitter when you go back to work?

  6. August 19, 2011 4:54 pm

    She’s so cute! I especially love the close up of Lilly laying on the monkey and frog blankets. Not to make you cry…but she looks like a “real” baby now, not just a wobbly little infant! We loved our baby carrier/baby back packs too. They are so happy to just be hanging around with mom or dad. And, the photo of you and Jason crashing is funny…… (did you make it to 8:30?).

  7. August 19, 2011 9:11 pm

    Aw! You are making me miss maternity leave! Lilly is so sweet. And as for the blocked tear ducts…we’re at almost 8 months and they are still hanging around. Our pediatrician says that they don’t do anything about it until after one year because it usually clears up on its own before then…

  8. August 19, 2011 10:03 pm

    This was so cute! Sounds like a nice day with the family. 🙂

  9. August 20, 2011 4:50 am

    Love it 🙂 It’s these wee details that will be hard to remember later on, so lovely to capture it all now.

  10. August 23, 2011 4:20 pm

    Love this post! It reminds me a lot of our days right now ….except that sadly my husband is already back at work. It is amazing how much they eat!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s