It’s been a while since I showed you any pictures of our full bath, and that’s probably because after last year’s big presto chango, I was kind of stopped and stuck on what to do next. I decided it looked good enough and that I should move on to something else. (Because I totally have project ADD. Have you caught on to that yet?!). Just for fun, here’s the before: (OMG, I almost forgot about the awesome pink carpet on the wall. So classy.)
And the after was better, but there was still one thing that was totally driving me nuts.
Can you spot it? Here, let me help you out:
For whatever reason, I just assumed that the plumber who installed our sink would use chrome pipes underneath. I guess because I had only seen wall mount sinks with chrome pipes underneath? So you can imagine my surprise when he left for the day and I walked up to find gigantic white PVC pipes sticking out of my wall. Not thrilled. I think it really ruins the classic look of the wall mount sink.
So I bought a can of spray paint and painted the pipe silver, after covering EVERYTHING in the bathroom with plastic and painter’s tape, then priming with a generic all-purpose spray primer. (Note: if you accidentally get paint on the tiles, it will come off with vinegar & elbow grease. Not that I know from experience or anything…)
The original idea is from a commenter on my bathroom guest post on Brooklyn Limestone last fall. Pioneer Woman painted her exposed under-sink PVC pipes oil-rubbed bronze here. I figured it was at least worth a try. (And if this didn’t work, I was going to beg Jason to replace the PVC with chrome. He is very very lucky that it did work.)
In all, it was a 30-min fix (and 29 of those minutes were spent taping plastic bags to tiles). I think it looks so much better. And this reminds me that I’ve just picked up some material that I think will be *lovely* for our shower curtain (that’s the other thing that was driving me nuts about our bath: no pretty shower curtain). Hopefully I can finish that up sometime soon (I am currently infatuated with my sewing machine – expect many sewing posts in the upcoming weeks), and post updated pictures of the entire bathroom!
I’m sharing this with the CSI Project’s Spray Paint Challenge!